This past year has been filled with dance. Most of the dancing being of the Salsa variety. I took up Salsa Dancing before heading off to Rome and fell in love with it. So, I was pleasantly surprised to discover a friend in Rome who was a Salsa Instructor. One of the benefits of dance is that you don't have to know the same language to enjoy it. I met all sorts of people dancing my way through Rome. I met tons of ex-pats (people who live in Rome, but are from somewhere else) And a huge community of South American friends. Among this group of new friends I found the love of my life! A fantastic guy named Freddy. He is the last thing I expected to find in Rome. Though everyone in my life told me I was going to find "the one" in Rome I went to Rome single and content in that. Seems God had something else in mind. And that brings me back to dancing.
Not only have I been dancing with Freddy and friends, I have been swept off my feet by my Savior. A long time ago my mom introduced me to the idea of the Holy Trinity being in a sort of dance if you will. And this past May when I came home to figure out what it was God wanted with my life I attended a Spiritual Retreat that used the imagery of Dancing with Jesus. During this time away in Tahoe I felt God inviting me acknowledge my relationship with Him as an ongoing dance. Where He was the leader, and all I needed to do was accept the invitation to dance and follow His lead.
I have spent my adult life working in ministry. In May I felt called out of that. I felt invited into life as ministry/life as a dance with the lover of my soul. This is the relationship I have done my best to encourage others towards, but because I was always getting paid as a "professional" I never felt I was able to realize.
These past 6 months in California I have enjoyed just letting myself experience the grace of letting Jesus take the lead. Now as I am prepared to make my way back to Rome I am excited to watch our dance evolve. I am trying my hardest to let go of that "pastor's daughter, 1st kid" part of me that strives not only for perfection but also to please everyone, and instead just live in the grace that God and Freddy and my Family and True Friends love me just as I am.
It is the first time in my life I am not striving. The plus side of all of this is that God gets all the glory He deserves because it is obvious that He is pulling all the pieces of my life together.
1. I bought my plane ticket before we knew for sure the date of my sisters wedding, and yet God knew. I was able to be here for her big day. (congrats Krist and Di)
2. I let my friends in Rome know I was coming back and one of my ex-pat friends offered to let me room with her!
3. She also is hooking me up with a fantastic English Teaching opportunity which will get me right back in the mix of all the fantastic ex-pats living and working in Rome.
4. The family I was helping out before teaching their son English, is excited to have me back! I can start playing in English 3 times a week the day after I arrive.
5. I will make it back to Rome the day before Freddy makes it back from Bolivia, and both of us will make it back in time for his sister's first child's birth!
These are just 5 of the ways I am already seeing God moving me from one dance floor to another.
I am excited to see what the next 3 months in Rome will hold. I am excited to do life with the lover of my soul and to share that with the Man of my dreams as well! I feel truly blessed.
Thank you for all your continued prayers and support and love!