Friday, December 17, 2010

E 'nevicato

Today the streets of Rome had a totally different look for few hours after my final Italian class snow fell in Rome.  The white flakes began their arrival as I left the school building to have lunch with my classmates.  At first there was a flake here and there but by the time we sat down at the table the air was filled with flurries.  Funny thing snow, seems to have a calming effect no matter where it falls.  It is like it brings with it the gift of silence and wonder.  (maybe not everywhere) 

If you know me at all you know I am not a fan of the white stuff.  But today it was a welcome change.  It has been freezing cold here for a few days and before that we had weeks of rain.  The snow meant a tad bit warmer day and snow that does not stick is always better in my mind.  Rome it seems was made for snow, with the lights strung across the streets and windows filled with chocolates and Christmas confections the snow only added to the feel of season. 

It seemed only appropriate to spend the afternoon with one of the girls from class Christmas shopping, and then return home, to wrap Christmas gifts for my family while listening to Christmas music sung by Andrea Bocelli, set up my new Nativity Scene that I purchased today and of course I hung my stocking with care.


Now I am headed off to Home Group where we will watch The Nativity in Italian and enjoy yummy food.

Buon Natale!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I like your nativity scene!