Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 1 - Unity with the Father through Christ in Missions

Taken from La Fontana (Zach and Naomi's blog)
Verse of the day: “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.”– John 14:12
Reading of the day: John 14:5-14
Thoughts for the prayer of the day:  It is God’s heart that the Name of Jesus be glorified throughout all the Earth.  He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  No one comes to the Father except through Him.  Please pray that God would ignite in our own hearts and the hearts of those in our worshiping communities a passion for the Good News to be shared with ALL the nations of the world (see also the Great Commission in Matthew 18:16-20).
Dear Abba,

I need You.  I need You to ignite within me a passion for sharing the Good News.  I need You to help me believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that it really truly is Good news that I am here to share.  I am so quick to believe the whispered lies of Satan,  "this news is not so great, that it will offend people, that it will alienate."  Abba, I need You to help me to continue to view  it as not only Good news, but the Best news.  Plant deep within me a desire that ALL should come to know You.  God be my passion.  May my own desire and love for You speak volumes of Your love and affection for ALL mankind. 
God, I also pray that you give this same passion to those here in Rome and around the world who love You.  Give us all an insane drive and desire to see the world know that You are the Good news.  After all of my reading this week it is clearer now than ever before that this Good news needs to be a message of Grace.  Abundant Grace that makes no sense except to prove Your abundant love and forgiveness.
Abba, help us, Your children to show your grace to All people.  Help us to stop focusing on the sins and to see clearly your creation's whom you dearly love and desire to be a part of your Kingdom.  God, give us the ability to live out Your love and affection so that You receive the proper recognition and glory.


Amen.

No comments: