Thursday, November 4, 2010

home sick

I am home sick today.  Not homesick, but home sick.  Yesterday I went to school, it was tough, but I made it through, I came home was feeling fine.  And then within an period of no more than 15 min I was sick.  Headache, sore muscles, sore throat, ear ache, fever...I felt like I got hit by a bus.  (actually no, if I got hit by a bus here in Italy I would feel nothing.  They are crazy and fast...I would be dead)

So at 7:45 pm I figured I should drag my sorry self to the pharmacy down the street before they closed at 8pm.  I was wrong, they were closed.  So, I went to the supermarket, no drugs.  Sad.  I shuffled home and crawled back in bed.  Sleep came in shifts, between neighbors clicking heals on marble floors and dragging furniture about their apartment, and pain as my wisdom teeth decided to push their way into the party. 

This morning I awoke feeling no better, and about 9 rolled myself out of bed, bundled up and set out once again in search of meds.  I had in hand my list of Italian vocab to help me along,  intent on making sure I got some aid, but when I reached the pharmacy instead of attempting the new words I just held out my list of symptoms and explained, this is what my symptoms are.  The pharmacist kindly reached behind the counter, and produced a box of tablets.  Explaining I could take them 3 times a day.


After saying grazie I headed to the store, bought some lozenges and juice (with vitamins, hard to find here) and now here I am 2 hours later, lying in bed, feeling no better. But with time to blog.

No comments: