Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First things First

One of the first steps in moving into full time ministry in Rome, is taking a two week Vision Trip to meet my new team, and check out the area where I will be living and serving. ReachGlobal has really encouraged me to get this trip done before I do too much else as it is key to getting my head and heart fully wrapped around what God has called me to.

Normally they have the missionary pay for this trip upfront if possible, by putting it on a credit card. I however do not own a credit card! I have been trying to live as debt free as possible. This means that I need to have support coming in, before ReachGlobal will give me the go ahead to purchase my ticket for the Vision Trip. If I can get the support before March tickets will be almost half as much as if I need to wait till tourist season in May-Aug. As I am sure you can imagine. What you may not realize is that I have found tickets online round trip for less than $700!

Many of you have mentioned supporting me which is so fantastic! Thank you! You may be waiting until it is closer to my departure date, but the thing is I cannot go until money is actually coming in. I appreciate any and all gifts, monthy donations are what I will need the most of, but even one time gifts will help get me underway in the training and start up costs. Really every little bit helps. Thanks to those of you who have already given, your support and involvement means the world to me!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need more information on how to go about joining my support team. But here are the two eaisest ways to give:

1. By Check:
Please mark the check with the #1671 and my name (Trinity Kay) in the memo line.

Please make all checks payable to EFCA and you can mail them to:
EFCA, 901 East 78th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55420

2. By Credit Card:
Go to www.efca.org/giving and be sure to include the #1671 in the Designation field.

All gifts are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible!!!

Thank you so much!

No comments: