Thursday, January 29, 2009

Trinity's Road to Rome

January Prayer Letter (in blog form)

Who knew that my work as a missionary would begin before I ever set foot on Roman soil? God did. He knew that in me telling people about my new road ahead that I would have the opportunity to engage in dialogues about Him and what He has called me to. Along with that I have the chance to transition well. This means that I can leave one ministry running well, with a new found interest in missions and I can get to Rome excited and prepared to fully enter into my new ministry there!

My first month as a member of the Rome City Team has had some great moments. I thankfully got the opportunity to meet Mike Davis who is my new Europe Director. We met over coffee with a group of people and then got to share lunch together. It was an encouragement to me to hear him share about the great need for Gospel, because I am already facing some opposition as to why go to Rome instead of a place like Africa; now I have the assurance that I am going where the need is greater than it has ever been. Along the same note, I had a great conversation with my team leaders that bolstered my faith in what we are going to be doing there.


{I borrowed this picture from Brian and Sarah's Blog,
they snapped it New Years Eve in Rome. I just Love it!}


My favorite story this month is that of God starting to supply my needs in a surprising way! I went out for what I thought was a simple lunch, before I even ordered the owner and I got to talking and in the midst of our conversation she asked about my missionary journey. I filled her in on the fact that I cannot leave until I have raised 100% of my support. She kindly responded with an offer of money towards my trip, and before I finished my lunch she handed me a gift of money. It was such a God thing! She was an answer to my prayers that I had prayed earlier that morning.

In March I will be attending two training events; the first is a vision trip to Rome, to meet Brian and Sarah and get a lay of the land and then I will fly directly to Colorado to attend a support team building seminar at Glen Erie. I am really looking forward to this combined trip, because I will really get a chance to fully engage with the ministry and the people God is calling me to serve.


Please be praying with me for:

  • Gods continued provision not just for me but for my whole team.

  • Brian and Sarah as they have dinner with their Landlord and his wife that they may continue to build that relationship!

  • The transition for me as I continue to work at Felton Bible Church with the youth full- time and have started work with ReachGlobal.

  • My students and my volunteers as they go through this change with me.

  • My upcoming training and travel.

  • My teammate Craig as he too is preparing to go to Rome.

Included in with this letter you will also find a copy of last month’s letter, in case you did not receive it. You will also find my prayer card to help you remember to pray for me often. As always if you would like more information please get in touch with me, or check out my blog or both!


Thank you for joining me on my Road to Rome!

Trinity



Ps. If you did not receive this via email it means I do not have a working email address for you. If you would like to get my monthly Prayer letter via email, send me your email!!!


No comments: