Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Different Kind of Valentines Day


I can honestly say that I never imagined spending Valentines Day traveling alone to a state where I know absolutely no one to head to Haiti.

As I sit here alone in my hotel room in Ft Lauderdale, FL watching the Olympics counting down the hours till I leave for Haiti you might think I would be sad or at least overwhelmed. Shockingly, I am not. I am thankful for the chance I have to go and love people, I am excited to understand the God I love in new ways as I have to depend on Him more than ever before. It is in fact maybe as it should be. On a day that we have dedicated to celebrating those we love and our love for each other, I get to show my love for God by obeying His call to go to Haiti, I get to experience His love as He travels with me.

I don't know what you are doing this Valentines Day, I hope you are spending it with people that you love, but more than that I hope that you know God's unfailing love today. I hope that you trust Him more and find Him to be your greatest love.

Thank you for all your prayers, God is answering by giving me an overwhelming peace. I hope to keep you involved in what we get to do in Haiti through out my time there, if at all possible.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: